May 11, 2010

Baking lesson @ P.H.

It's raining now.. Hope it will stop when it's time to knock off. hahaa.. As if la..
I'm so so so excited as later me and my sis will be attending the baking class. Hands on somemore.. heheee! And it's my fav cheesecake! Woohoo!
I even brought my sandals and T-shirt to change later so I'll feel more comfortable when baking.!
Will update on the bakes later !

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

First time I step into Geylang branch Phoon Huat. Reached there at 6.15(although the class starts at 7pm)As usual, I'll get duper excited!!! Looking around for bakewares and ingredients although everything is the same as other branches. hahahaa! I just cant get enough !! Excitedly, I paid for the class stood outside the class joining the queue. I thought something was not right as I don't have the sheet of paper like the rest are holding.. I asked the lady in front of me and she said this class is for Wilton Fondant class. Alright, I queued at the wrong place. -.-

The Fondant Class.

The place where the baking class will be held..
Lotsa big big ovens.

10 sturdy looking mixers.



As it is our first time there, we practically knows nothing about how is the procedures and ways or handling the machines are like. I believe the rest of the students can see that only our table is chaos and the rest are like professionals, neat and tidy(they are indeed). We are like kalang kabo all the way. haha! Luckily some of the people and the chef there are nice enough to help us. Telling us what to do and what not do.. Tired and fun! Due to the chaos at our table, I didnt manage to take photos of the process of baking cheesecake!! But I did take photos of our finished 'product' So happy.! 1st time baking cake!



Now is making tuna mayo bread. Again, due to the chaos is still going-on, I didnt manage to take photos of the making of dough...
Below is how the dough should look like after mixing.


Let it 'rest' for 5-10mins.

Cut to each weighing 60g.


Roll into ball shape. Doing this rolling also need to have skill... haha!
Let it 'rest' again... It's also our turn to take a rest... Tired after the 'war' ahaaha.!



Final step is to add the fillings!


Tadah! Our fresh from oven tuna mayo bread.! First time in my life to eat the bread freshly made.! Soft and nice!!!


It's fun!!!
We sure will go for another class bake!

No comments: