November 12, 2012

Movie : Ah Boys to Men


Wasn't really a fan of Jack Neo's movie that's why I won't spend my money to watch in theatre or even buy VCDs. It is until I heard good reviews from fellow friends, colleagues and even those aunites and uncles and so I joined my hus and in-law to watch.

The story of this movie talk about the NS life from the past till present and I think that this is the most memorable movie for the Singaporean guy who had served the National Service and this is the best time to watch the movie and know more about how the army routines like. Especially the 'geng' part. LOL!

Ah Boys to Men movie are given thumbs up by many of us because many people from all walks of life will remember things from it, whether it has something to do with BMT or the people that you meet. It'll also give us a glimpse into how times have changed, facilities upgraded, and how a lot more welfare is being put into the treatment of soldiers these days, much unlike the earlier generations, although the experience coming out of BMT/NS, will likely be common.

The most heartwarming and impactful scene is when they demonstrated how the family gathers around the NS boy who returns home for the weekend. I can see myself behaving the same way 13 and 15 years later.

I personally feel that 'Ah Boys To Men' really depicts the true stories and situations of army boys and this is the best local film(from Jack Neo) I’d watched. At least for now.

No comments: