November 18, 2010

Leroy admitted to Hospital

The day which my heart almost died on me.

A very usual day routine during weekday. Reached office and was doing my work when I received a call from sis at 9.30am that leaves me frozen and mind went blank for that minute.
"弟弟中风! 现在要带他去医院"
These 4 words leaves me in a shock. My hands turned freezing cold at that very moment and my heart almost stopped. Quickly called up Hus and informed him. He replied in a shock too and says he will come and pick me to the hospital. Called dad and I can hear he was crying. Can you imagine the toughest dad I've ever seen is crying? Never i my life I've seen him crying except when his mum passed away. My heart almost stop the 2nd time. Is it serious? Is he conscious? Any parts of body he can't move? I cried immediately as I don't know what's wrong with Leroy ! Dad just told me Leroy lied on the bed, clenching both his fist, straighten his legs and eyes are looking up seeing the white. Hearing this makes me worse !!! What's taking Hus so long !!!!
Finally Hus reached at around 10.15am. I can't hold back my tears and I cried all the way from office to NUH. The journey to NUH is like taking forever !!!!! We reached at 10.30am and rushed to Children's Emergency C.S. I was checking where Leroy is and she can't locate on the server after providing her birth cert no, name, address ! She asked me to check with Ambulance C.S to confirm he is ALIVE. I feel like screaming at her !!!!!! But all my mind is trying to find him and I rushed and run all the way to the Ambulance area and saw my dad !! He brought us in and the moment I saw Leroy I can feel a big relief ! He was clinging to my mum and keep crying. I went over to the nurse and check, a female doctor came along and said this is not stroke but a provoke seizure which is something like a fit. He is given drip due to dehydration. My dad cried again. He and mum witness it and it scares the hell out of them. My parents was about to bring Leroy to the clinic for another consult when he suddenly had a seizure. Lying on the bed, clenching both his fist, straighten his legs and eyes are looking up seeing the white. Luckily my mum came into the room and saw it. Mum placed her finger into Leroy's mouth and rushed all the way to the clinic which is just at the void deck. Dr immediately called in the ambulance. That's when I received my sis's call.
After a while, we are given a ward and we brought Leroy up. Leroy fall asleep and we just waited near his bed to make sure he is ok. Less than half hour, he woke up and cry. Dad bought some toast and fed him. Hus is sending my mum and dad back home to take his milk bottles, water etc so I distract Leroy preventing him to see my mum is leaving. So mil and bil sat around the bed and I distract him by feeding him bread. He is ok but looks very sleepy. He is staring blankly at something and I thought it is normal because he often does that when he is too engross in something. I feel something is not right when I wanted to feed him bread and he doesn't open his mouth ! Quickly I turned him over and he is having another fit !!! His eyes are looking up slightly to the right and I can see his white !! I tried calling out to him but he doesn't respond and keep crying !! I shouted at my bil to call the doctor and keep waking Leroy up to look at me... I was so scared then ! I try to loosen his fist and straighten his legs and shouting to my bil call for the doctor quick ! Those bloody nurses and doctors are taking their own sweet time strolling in !!!!!!!! By the time they reached Leroy has come back to us. WTF are they doing !!!!! The nurse gave him oxygen mask and put on a machine to check his heartbeat rate. I asked what's happening and they says it's normal as long as it's not more then 5 mins and can recover by himself. WTF !!! Is that all they can say !! I looked at my poor baby crying due to the fright and there's nothing I can do to help him !!!! The way he looks at us is very different from when he is well.. 神情不对. There's nothing we can do waiting observing and keep our eyes on him. Quickly I called my mum and ask her to come back fast and Hus make a U-turn back to fetch mum back. I can hardly breathe......
Leroy fell asleep shortly and doctor mention it is due to the brain suffered a shock and that's why he is feeling so tired. He will be ok after a rest. I placed him on the bed and I sat beside him looking at him. My heart breaks and it hurts to see him like this. Blame myself for everything that happens to him. Is it because of the food I ate when I'm pregnant with him? Is it because he is not getting enough nutrition? My fault for placing unwell Lervin at mum's place and passing the virus to Leroy. All's my fault ! I can't help blaming myself when I see my baby suffering. How I wish I'm the one suffering instead of them. Hus has bought porridge for me but I have no appetite at all. Eat 2 spoonful and I went over to Leroy's bed and sat beside him. Shortly mum, bro and hus came and my mum is very worried and both of us are constantly keep our eyes on him. Fil, big uncle and his wife came to visit Leroy. My dad came a while later. We stayed until 5pm+ and went back to fetch Lervin home. We didn't want him to come to the hosp as he just recovered. Made dinner for hus and Lervin, prepare Lervin's schoolbag, sterilize Leroy's milk bottle, boils hot water to bring to hosp etc. I can't stop thinking of Leroy when I'm at home. During the 1 hour+ at home, I made like >5 calls to mum asking Leroy's status. Quickly prepare and drive down to NUH with my brother We reached there around 8pm+ and both my sis are there playing with Leroy. Relief ! I can say. Finally I see him smiling and talking. He looks happy when my sisters are there. Hus called shortly I reached and said Lervin is looking for me. Asked my mum to go get some food as she will be staying at the hosp tonight while I look after Leroy. I'm really grateful and fortunate to have my mum around. Always there when I need her help. Hus also agreed my mum is really very 伟大.
We stayed until 9pm+ and the doctor isn't here yet and the nurse keep chasing us. Visiting hours is only till 8pm. Told her I'm waiting for the doctor and waited until 10.30pm. Nurse came over and said Doctor is still busy and will come over later and ask us to go back first. A chinese nurse will be here to assist my mum who only speaks chinese. I was kinda worried and told mum to call me if there any thing. From the time I reach home (11pm) until I sleep (1am+), I had made >6 calls to mum. I know my mum will take good care of Leroy and watch out if there's any unusual behaviour. But 我就是不放心. Leroy is never out of my mind. Even when I bathing, washing he is always on my mind. Will visit him after work tomorrow.





2 comments:

Michelle said...

Poor Leroy.. I was almost crying when i read this post.. Fit really sounds scary.. Be strong gal.. hope leroy recover soon - michelle

Unknown said...

Thanks girl.... He had recovered, but we're still keeping a close watch on him..