September 29, 2009

Leroy admitted to Hospital

Since yesterday night, we decided to bring Leroy to KKH first thing in the morning. His cough doesn't seems to get better. Get worse instead. He cant sleep well and cries when he cough.
I went to see Doctor and he ask me how is Leroy, I told him his condition and as what I expected, he told us to bring Leroy to KKH. Am afraid that prolonged coughing will cause asthma. As my Hubby and his bro have history of asthma. For me, he prescribe medication for stopping the vomit and the pain in the stomach. After my visit, me and my mum brought Leroy to KKH and my sis helping me to look after Lervin.
Reach children's emergency, registered Leroy and we waited for your turn. We went to the nursery and the nurse examined him. She said that he has bronchities and not asthma. A relieve....! We are sent to a room to administer Nebulizer
Nurse took his weight as well. Lost weight again... From 8.4kg to 8.2kg. My poor baby..... =(
He doesn't struggle that much. After the 7 mins of nebulizing, we went to the X-ray room. Dr wanted to confirm that there's no water in his lung. Waited outside after the X-ray and after waiting for 15 mins, the Dr called us in again. She said that there's no water in lung but because of Leroy is feeling breathless and the airways is narrowed, she wants leroy to be admitted to Hosp. And the nebulizer can only be given in hosp.


He quite like this. Lol.! Each time the nurses place this over his head, he will be coo-ing and smiling away. =)




The bed I'm going to sleep.



Update @ 3.15am
Leroy cough so badly that he sems like wanting to vomit. Quickly I carried him up and look for the nurse. They brought him for the suction to suck out the mucus. I wanted to follow but they said will bring him back to me. Maybe they don't want the parent to feel heartpain when they baby cries badly during the procedures. I waited in the ward and 10 mins later, they bring him back to me. Nurses said that they had removed quite a lot of mucus inside. Hopefully he will sleep better, I brought him in the ward, and when I looked at him, i saw blood outside his nostrils. I went to look for the nurse, and she said when using the suction, it will sometimes irrriate the 'walls' I guess they did the suction too long and thus drying up the inside of the nose and causing it to bleed. Heartpain to see him suffering..... =(




Update @ 4.30am
Again he cough badly and wakes up crying.... Gave him his milk and he only finish 40ml of milk. Maybe he is to tired as he keep waking up crying. He has been drinking quite little. From the usual 160ml to now, 100ml.
Gtg expressing...

No comments: