January 09, 2009

23rd Week Checkup.

23rd Week

Mummy weighing 52kg. Gained 1.2kg from last checkup.
Little one weighing 760g. Gained 440g from last checkup.

3 weeks after last checkup and had gained 1.2kg. As usual, brief talk with gynae before doing the scan. 3 weeks after last checkup, gynae expect baby to be arnd 600g which is the average weight expected.. I thought I'm in my 24th week but she told me im only 23weeks + few days only. Alright... Maybe wrong calculation at my side...
Proceed for scanning... Baby had grown so big ! And my tummy doesnt looks like im going to reach 24th weeks already... As long as I'm having my meals regularly, baby is growing well and healthy, size doesnt really matter actually...

Lotsa people commented that my tummy looks small at my week and ask if I'm eating enough... Which mother or mtb will starve the little one inside...? Nowadays mummies are so concern about the weight and health of the baby that they will take which ever that is good for the baby. Even the slightest thing like baby doesnt meet the average weight during checkup is enough to make them worried.

Back to topic...
I was at gynae expect baby to be around 600g at my current 23weeks. During the scanning, gynae measure the weight and she said in surprise that my baby is 760g.! Slightly on the plump side. Going by baby's weight, the machine states that I should be in my 25th weeks plus already.! But still, gynae didn't ask me to g on diet..! Just need to control my sugar intake.... Hurray ! CNY is near you see... =)


Your baby now weighs a little over one pound/ 500 grams and measures about 11.4 inches/ 29 centimetres from crown to heel. Her hearing is well established and she can make out a distorted version of your voice, the beating of your heart and your stomach rumblings. Loud noises often heard in utero, such as the barking of a dog next door or the roar of a vacuum cleaner, probably won't bother your child when she hears them outside the womb. Some studies seem to indicate that the unborn prefer classical music. In addition to advances in your baby's hearing, her lungs are developing to prepare for breathing. She's swallowing but she normally won't pass her first stool (called meconium) until after birth.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

While waiting for my turn at TMC


After the Checkup, we went to United Square and Novena Square wanted to buy shoes for Lervin. But end up there isn't much designs there. So we went to Sakae Sushi to have our dinner and my fav sashimi !!!

Lervin had progress so much.! New words he learned : Watermelon, cake, rubbish bin, starfish, biscuit, socks, blah blah... so many to name... I'm proud of him !
He tends to be stubborn sometimes. I'm still patiently teaching and correcting him. I don't really spank or beat him unless he is doing something dangerous and on purpose.! Even if I did, I only beat on his palm and normally he will stop doing. If he's doing things like biting people or throwing things, I'll say 'No' and explain why. My voice gets louder and firmer if I have to repeat 'No'.
And toddlers like him tends to fall more often. As long as it's not serious, what for have such big reaction? It's not as if we wanted to let him fall right? Some people may not agree to what I'm doing.. But each parent have their own teaching method. If you'd failed in yours, what makes you think that you're able of teaching mine then ?!?!

No comments: