December 02, 2010

Big Bump on the head

He is not in my sight for less then a minute and I heard 'bang' and followed by a big cry. He was kneeing in front of the sofa and I thought he tried climbing the sofa but missed the step and fall... Landing on his kneecap... I was asking him what happen and which part is painful but he just cried bitterly... Suddenly I noticed something protuding out from his forehead. Brushed his fringe to the side and I was shocked to see such a big bump on his forehead ! It's only less then half a minute ! It was so big that it had sent chills down my spine and never in my life seen such a big one.! He was pointing to the wooden seat's corner. Must be the corners of the seats! Quickly I carried him and rushed down to next block clinic to consult the doctor. On the way there, I even asked Lervin what is his and my name... I am afraid that there will be side effect or anything that will affect his brain or skull. I know this is unlikely, but the bump is just too big.... I'm just trying to be safe. He is ok and still walking around the clinic while waiting for our turn... Finally it's our turn after 20mins... I was so worried during that 20mins... Constantly checking on the bump and asking him if he is ok..... Doctor checked and said if he's able to play and eat as normal, there shouldn't be much of a prob. Have to use cold compressor on it. Unless he looks lerthagic, no appetite have to bring him to do a X-Ray.... She too told me that don't be surprise if the blue-black covers almost half the forehead and further down to the eyes area... It's due to the blood circulaton and gravity that's why eye area are affected. Eyes nearly popped out... Half the forehead and eyes area?? He's gonna performed for the centre's year-end concert on Friday ! Whatever... as long he is ok.... $20 for less than 5 mins consult w/o medication....
Reached home and bathed him. Put cold compressor on the forehead and applied Zambuk... Before I sleep, I applied Zambuk again....
This morning, I expected him to have big blue-black as what the doctor had said.. But no.... no blue-black and the bump is less swollen...

Not so obvious already....


From the side can see the bump there....

No comments: